Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Monday, September 30, 2013

So Much Mud!!!!!!


Hello dear family and friends! I have been here in the Fort Collins, Colorado Mission for six whole weeks now! And I am excited to spend more time here! We found out about transfers on Saturday night and I have the great opportunity to stay in my area with my companion Sister Christensen. There is more of the Lord's good work for me to do here! I am excited to do more and be more! I have learned a lot these past 6 weeks. I am very grateful for the wonderful experiences I have been able to have. AND I am excited for all of the many things I still need to learn and experience. Life is great, isn't it? We pass through trials and joys, pains and happiness...we grow and are stretched and grow some more. There are a lot of good and bad things we go through and it is wonderful that our loving Heavenly Father allows us to pass through it all so that we can become better people. There are hard times! BUT the Gospel of Jesus Christ and all of the good times make up for it a million times and more!

This has been quite the week! We were able to do a lot more service! We worked some more at the shelter in Milliken and then Thursday and Saturday...HELLO MUD! My goodness! We were able to go to someone's house that had received A LOT of damage from the flooding. (And apparently his basement is not even one of the "bad" ones!!!) His basement is completely ruined. It was so sad! We walked down there with our Mormon Helping Hands shirts, boots, gloves, goggles and masks and we definitely needed it all! I sunk down in the mud a lot of times and an Elder had to help me once get my foot out! Haha, my body was good to move but my boot wasn't! There was mud everywhere and a big part of our job was just to shovel it all out. It was like a sad scavenger hunt- pulling out book after book, some stuffed animals, a PIANO, spoons, hammers...there was a lot to be found within the depths of that muddy basement.

It has been sad to witness a lot of pain people have received because of the flooding. However, it has also been so wonderful to see how the Lord works in many ways. There are so many examples within the Bible and The Book of Mormon of natural disasters happening or some other major trial that resulted in the people coming closer to the Lord. This is a similar modern-day experience! Hearts have been opened and the Savior's love and help has definitely been here. Why do bad things happen to good people? God loves us. He lets hard things happen so that we can grow and improve and be even BETTER because of it.

We were able to have some really great lessons this week too! I am so grateful that we get to interact with everyone that we do! We work a lot with less active members and I just love them so much and want the best for them! I am so grateful to be a missionary. My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ. OTHERS- investigators, less active, members, a person in Walmart- anyone and everyone. :)

Love you all! Have a great week! Thanks for all of the love and support! I am so immensely grateful for all of the wonderful people and examples I have around me.

Hermana Lindsey Woodfield



Editor's note: This past week the health of Lindsey's Grandpa Woodfield took a turn for the worse. His long and courageous battle seems to be in its final days. Lindsey sent a separate note with these thoughts:


Thank you for telling me about Grandpa. There were a lot of tears at my computer this morning. I love Grandpa so much and am going to miss him a lot!!! I am so grateful for the time I have been able to spend with him. I am so grateful for his amazing example and everything I have learned from him. I am SO grateful to him! Please tell him that I love him immensely and am so grateful for who he is and what he has done. He means so much to me. He is in my prayers! And so are you and the rest of our family. I am really glad and happy that he will not have to endure physical pain anymore though. He is going to a much better place where his body will not have to be such a burden. I am very much looking forward to the day when I can see him again and give him a big hug. Please keep me posted with what continues to happen.


Love you!


Hermana Lindsey Woodfield

No comments:

Post a Comment