Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Week Three in Colorado!!!!!


Oh my goodness! I have been in Colorado for three whole weeks now! My first transfer is half way over! I'm definitely going to do my best to work even harder and end out these six weeks going strong. :) Thanks so much for all of the emails I have received! It definitely warms my heart to read them.

So this week was even better than last week! I am definitely seeing a lot of blessings from the Lord. The first week had a lot of great things but also was overwhelming. It was a lesson on patience and enduring and I am seeing great results from that. I still have a LONG way to go and a lot to improve but I know the Lord sees every step I make! :) I know He is with every single one of us!

So last Tuesday I was on exchanges with a native Spanish speaker- Hermana Soto! It was an awesome experience! I was able to be with her in her Spanish speaking area and practice mi Espanol! We taught a few lessons in Spanish! I didn't understand everything but I DID get the central message. The people we were with are SO SWEET and amazing!!!! They fed us SO MUCH food! Tortillas, and rice, and meat, and corn on the cob, and lots and lots of food! Delicious mexican food! :) It was a great Spanish day!

Something else really cool is that the ward we serve in (The Johnstown Ward) is the deaf ward for our stake. So any deaf members in our stake area attend and serve within our ward. It has been really cool and fun! On Sunday during the 2nd hour Sister Christensen and I were taken out of class so that we could teach a 19 year old woman. She is deaf and isn't a member and has only been to church one other time. We met with her and an interpreter in the kitchen. We taught her about The Plan of Salvation and used awesome pictures that a member had just given to us an hour before. (Side note- the Lord's hand is definitely in the work! He knew those pictures would help out this girl and made it possible for us to receive them just in time!) It was a great experience! I think we will be teaching her more during church next week!

Another awesome thing! We contacted a referral given to us by some members in our ward. It is a really sweet and spiritual woman named Ruthie. She let us in and we talked about the Restoration of the Gospel! She accepted a Book of Mormon and said she would read and pray about it. Yesterday evening we visited her again and she had read some of it! We read through some together and she said she saw a lot of similarities to the Bible. She told us she had first thought The Book of Mormon was about Joseph Smith. Well, both of our times with her have been great! We still have a lot to go through but her faith and testimony in prayers and the Savior is amazing!

Other great thing!!! The Lord has been giving me opportunities to work on Spanish. One of them was with the woman Blanca who I mentioned in my email last week. (Update on that- she actually was not able to meet this week but we checked up on her and have an appointment for this Wednesday!) Another has been through a really sweet couple named Jose and Nydia from Cuba. Jose is a member and our Bishop (Bishop Padilla- AMAZING man and bishop!) is one of his home teachers. Bishop set it up so that Sister Christensen and I go over about once a week and I get some help from Nydia with my Spanish. They are the sweetest couple! So nice! It has been really good for my Spanish and we are also trying to follow the Spirit in sharing the gospel with Nydia too. :)

Another cool experience happened while we were volunteering and doing service at a place called ARC (similar to a Goodwill). A lady came up to me asking if I spoke Spanish (think she saw my name tag:) ) and was trying to ask me about some stuff. I didn't catch everything but I eventually was able to help her find what she wanted. Later I felt prompted to let her know about some English classes some other Hermanas (Sisters) do. I let her know about it and she was interested so I got her address and later gave it to the Hermanas in the area! I don't know what the results of this will be but I'm grateful I had the opportunity to speak with her and follow that prompting. And Dad- she is from The Dominican Republic! She has been here for about 2 months! I thought that was pretty cool! :) Sooooo, I am very grateful for the Spanish opportunities the Lord has given me. :)

I love you all! Thanks so much for your love and support! I'm praying for you! :) Have an awesome week! The Gospel is true! The Lord Jesus Christ lives! What an amazing and joyous truth! :) LOVE YOU!

Love, Hermana Lindsey Woodfield



With my Mission President and his Wife



Arriving in Denver!!

No comments:

Post a Comment