Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Exciting News, Sad News


Hello everyone!!!! I have some HUGE NEWS.........wait for it.....keep waiting....ready?????


MY VISA CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LEAVE FOR ARGENTINA ON THE 22ND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big news, huh?!? Saturday morning our great Stake President held a breakfast for all of the missionaries in our stake. (He does this once a month! What a wonderful man!!) I was in line to receive some delicious homemade french toast when I received this unexpected news. Our mission President, President Brown, was there helping serve the food and when I came up he asked if I had received the news. Bewildered, I asked him what he was referring to. He plainly stated, "You are leaving." WHAAAAAAT?!?! Long story short, he told me that my visa came and the travel plans are for me to leave in two weeks on the 22nd of October. I kept waiting for the "just kidding" or the joke part...but he was serious. He told me that he is sad to see me go but they are excited for my adventure. What a morning!

I have been SO IMMENSELY BLESSED to be able to be here in the amazing Fort Collins, Colorado mission. Seriously, I have learned so much and have worked with such great and inspiring people. I have learned and experienced things here that have shaped me and that I will never forget. The Lord wanted me to be here in Colorado for a time and soon He wants me in Argentina. I'll go where He wants me to go! (That hymn has become one on my favorites! I sing it a lot!) Argentina has just seemed so elusive...am I really actually going to get there? IN TWO WEEKS?! I am really happy and excited to spend two more weeks here in Colorado and learn and do even more! And I am also very excited to go to Argentina- country change, food change, culture change, language change....I'm coming! And with the Lord, I am ready! :) Even though I am weak, He is strong! Through the Lord all things are possible! Even the miracle of a born and raised Texas girl like me to serve in Argentina!

I just want to express my love for Colorado again. Colorado will always be an extremely special place to me. I am so eternally grateful that I was sent here. I know the Lord has a wise and marvelous plan for each of us. I am deeply humbled and grateful that mine included time in my lovely Johnstown, Colorado area. :) AND I am not done yet! You can get a LOT done in two weeks! Time to work even harder and accomplish what the Lord still wants me to do here. Basically, missions are amazing! Where ever you are!

In other news, a lot of great things happened this week! GENERAL CONFERENCE WEEKEND! The time when our wonderful Prophet and apostles and others speak to us. I love conference so much! Definitely food for the soul! There is so much spiritual strength and so many answers that we can draw upon from all of the wonderful talks. Loved it! If anyone hasn't been able to watch it yet, I strongly encourage you to do so. (http://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2013/10?cid=HPFR100413105&lang=eng) What the speakers have said is what our loving Heavenly Father wants us to hear. He knows what we each need and no matter what your circumstance is, conference will help. I strongly testify of that.

On Wednesday night I went on splits with a wonderful woman in our ward. She felt prompted that we should visit a less active woman who is going through a lot of hard things. We had a great experience there. We arrived in the midst of a lot of stress and heartache. This woman and some of her family were there and we were able to talk with them and share a message of hope and faith. We set it up so the next day one of her family members would receive a priesthood blessing. The spirit was very strong! When I hugged this good woman goodbye she whispered in my ear, "I think I need you all more then I thought". We are definitely trying to get her to become an active member. There are so many blessings that come with regular church attendance and being actively involved. This experience was another testimony builder to me that the Lord will get you where He needs you when He needs you. It was definitely perfect timing when we arrived there that night.

Other amazing things have happened this week but some hard news also came. My dear Grandpa Woodfield passed away on Wednesday. I am so grateful for The Plan of Salvation and that life does not end with death. I know there is more after this life and that I will see my dear Grandpa again. I am glad that he is not burdened by the pains of his physical body anymore. He is such a strong and great man. He has been through a lot and now he is free of a lot of pain and suffering. I love him so much and am eternally grateful for who he is and what he has done. I love you Grandpa Woodfield! My prayers are definitely with those who will greatly miss you! God be with you till we meet again!



Grandpa Woodfield taking me to the MTC to start my mission. July 3, 2013. I love you Grandpa!!!!!!!





The Gospel is true. What a happy message that I get to share! That Jesus Christ lives! That we are never alone! That it is never too late to change. That we can return to live with God and our families forever! I love you all! Have a great week!!!!

Love,
Con amor,
Hermana Lindsey Woodfield

No comments:

Post a Comment