Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Monday, June 30, 2014

20 Years Old!!!


Well, 20 years ago this wonderful crazy life started for me. It is hard to think that my teenage years are officially over. I have been immensely blessed these 20 years and am forever grateful to my Father in Heaven for what He has done for me. Now looking back on what has happened in my life I realize that I wasn't just preparing to serve a mission when the age to leave was changed...Heavenly Father has been helping me to prepare my whole life. And at 20 years I feel like some experiences have finished but a whole lot of new ones are just beginning.

Going into this next phase I just feel so grateful to be starting it as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There is no other thing that I would rather be doing today on my birthday. I woke up this morning and thought, ´´well...this will be a different kind of birthday. This birthday I get to spend it serving others and being a representative of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It will definitely be a birthday I will never forget.´´ So, I thank you all for the birthday wishes I have received! I am definitely blessed and grateful to have such amazing people in my life!!!

One birthday wish I received was from my Mission President, Presidente Guiliani. He told me that I am his last birthday call he is going to make! Him and his wife are finishing their calling here and are returning to the States tomorrow. I am going to miss them but I know I will see them again in Utah. :) Sooooo, yeah. We are receiving a new President!!!! It will be interesting to see if a lot of changes are made or what happens. I am excited to meet him and his family and work with them in this great cause of truth here is Rosario Argentina.

This past week went really well. We have been able to find some more investigators and are really excited about that. :) The past Wednesday we went to contact a reference from another missionary and the lady let us right in. Then about 10 minutes later her son and his two friends that live with them arrived. I thought these teenage boys would just greet us and then leave...wrong! They sat right down and listened and read and prayed and everything! It was great!!! :) We went back and saw them again on Saturday and they were sleeping still but all woke up to listen to us again. The challenge that we will have with them is that the boys are on a soccer club that plays every Sunday morning...when we have church....oh boy. Haha, we will work on that!

We are also working a lot with our investigator, Dardo. He is great! He has now gone to church twice and to three church activities. He likes to listen and learn but is very set in the ideas he already has about religion and God. BUT he is progressing and I have complete confidence that this is just the beginning of his conversion. :) He has plans to go to India in about two months and if he isn't able to be baptized before hand I will definitely be praying that the missionaries over there will find him.

Other great news!!!! I was recently informed that Sebastian was baptized yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't remember or are a recent reader, he was the boyfriend of my wonderful 14 year old investigator Andrea from Capitàn Bermùdez. I had the great opportunity to get to know him and teach him some things with Andrea. My last week there was when the missionaries from his area started teaching just him and he got his baptism date. AND NOW HE IS A MEMBER. WOOOOHOOOO!!!! :) SO happy for him! and now....the mission plans....haha :)

Well, things are great here and I am just loving life. The mission definitely is not all rainbows and unicorns...there are definitely a lot of hard parts. But anything worth doing or getting is going to require sacrifice and hard work, right? Right. And THIS is definitely worth it. This mission is one of the hugest blessings I have ever received and these words on the screen cannot adequately describe my gratitude for what I am learning and experiencing. My relationships with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have grown so much and I love them with all of my heart.

I invite you all to celebrate this special 20th birthday with me. Go eat an empanda or alfajor or just a lot of meat. :) hahaha, love you all!!!
Con amor,

Hermana Lindsey Woodfield :)
who is now 20 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment