Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Monday, July 7, 2014

My Week- Birthday, One Year Mark, and 4th of July! :)


Hello all! This was quite the week of special days! I turned 20 years old! I now officially have been a missionary for a YEAR. And then, you know, there was our great nation's independence day. :)

I seriously had a great birthday! Thanks again for all of the birthday wishes!!! That day was Pday so we were able to relax a little bit and do somethings. Like....go Walmartin'! THERE IS A WALMART NEAR MY AREA. I REPEAT THERE IS A WALMART NEAR MY AREA. I was beginning to think that they really didn't exist and it was just a dream...but nope! There actually is a Walmart here in Argentina! What next? A JCPenny? haha, what is going on?? Haha, but seriously, I never thought before that I would want to go to Walmart for my birthday. But I did, and we went, and it was really fun. :) We also went and got some great Argentine ice cream and my district sang to me. :) And then, two days later, my companion with the elders in the area next to ours and a member family threw me a surprise asado! Or, BBQ! And a cake! It was so sweet! :) Basically, it was great birthday! I am definitely blessed! :)

Bueno, this week was good! We have a great new investigator!!!! His name is Dario and is a friend of a member .He visited with Elders about 3 years ago and even went to church once. But there was a lot of problems with the woman he was living with and he left town for a while and things happened...but he ran into this member about 2 weeks ago and asked if there still are missionaries. YES! We had a great lesson with him and the member on Tuesday and he accepted a date to be baptized!!! The timing of the Lord is really interesting...he wasn't ready to be baptized 3 years ago but the Lord was preparing him and now he is! :) I'll keep you all updated!

We have also been visiting the investigator Alejandra and her kids a lot. She even went to church yesterday and really liked it!!! And another member told her and us that Alejandra´s parents were actually baptized! Alejandra didn't know that! They had both died when she was younger. Soooooooo, she has been through a lot but likes our visits and we have a lot of hope for her!!! :)

Okay, love you all A LOT. Have an awesome week! I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves us! I know that He knows EXACTLY how we feel and that we are never alone.

Like Elder Holland says,

"Brothers and sisters, one of the great consolations of this Easter season is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so. His solitary journey brought great company for our little version of that path—the merciful care of our Father in Heaven, the unfailing companionship of this Beloved Son, the consummate gift of the Holy Ghost, angels in heaven, family members on both sides of the veil, prophets and apostles, teachers, leaders, friends. All of these and more have been given as companions for our mortal journey because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Restoration of His gospel. Trumpeted from the summit of Calvary is the truth that we will never be left alone nor unaided, even if sometimes we may feel that we are. Truly the Redeemer of us all said: “I will not leave you comfortless: [My Father and] I will come to you [and abide with you].”

I know that is true!!!! I love you all! have a great week!

Con amor,

Hermana Woodfield

No comments:

Post a Comment