Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Monday, March 31, 2014

A Week of Miracles



Wow wow wow. This week was so good. Hermana Eustaquio and I definitely received a LOT of blessings. :)

First of all, we are teaching a very sweet elderly lady named Maria. She lives in front of our chapel and one of the members works for her. We started teaching her a few weeks ago and she has now come to church twice!! :) This sweet lady is 84 years old and can't walk very well so it takes about 30 minutes to cross the street to get to the church BUT she does it anyways. :) Haha, the other day she told us that she didn't know why she was still living with 84 years old. We told her that God still had things for her to do on the earth...one of them being baptism. :) She accepted a baptism date!!!! We will be visiting her a lot and helping her to prepare.

Another thing! Last Pday we were in a gas station to use the computers to write our families. There was only one computer open so I was sitting at a table waiting. There was a couple using computers near me and the women kept looking at me. A few things went through my head- is she looking at me because I have red hair and am not from here?? haha, OR maybe she is a less active member?? Well, after a little while we started talking and she told me that Elders had visited and helped out her family about 2 years ago. She said she thinks the elders finished their missions and left but her and her family still are open for visits. :) woo!! Saturday we found their house and had a lesson with their whole family! They have 4 daughters and 1 son. We are now teaching a FAMILY. La familia Mendez. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) They are great!!!

Alrighty, another miracle! Seriously, I want to cry just thinking about this. Friday afternoon we were walking to go to our lunch appointment. We saw a woman walking our way and both my companion and I had the thought to talk with her. Hermana Eustaquio said to me ´´contacto contacto!´´ as I was reaching for my pass along card. BUT before we could even say anything this women said to us ´´I have a question.´´ We stopped and asked her what it was. I was expecting her to ask us for directions or maybe ask if we were Mormons but I was wrong. She said ´´When can you come to my house?´´

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?! haha, I seriously forgot how to speak! Did I hear her right? Hermana Eustaquio quickly replied ´´Si si si! We can come! We can come today!´´ She told us her name is Belkis and she isn't a member but her mom is. She said she wanted a blessing of health for her son. :) We told her we could come at 7. We quickly talked with some Brothers in our ward about giving her a blessing later. At 7 we went to her house with Hermano Esteban and Hermano Rendon. She explained more of her situation. She is 22 years old and has a 6 year old son. And 9 days before she gave birth to a baby boy. Now here is the sad part- this baby boy is a twin. But his sister didn't make it. Something went wrong and he was born but the girl died still in the mom's stomach. I'm not sure how this happened but the baby girl is still in Belkis's stomach. If the baby doesn't come out naturally with the help of injections Belkis will need another operation. Wow. Critical and dangerous and sad situation. Belkis was walking home from receiving an injection when she saw us. The Hermanos from our ward gave her and her sons blessings. Belkis said that she went to primary when her mom was baptized and loved it and wants to go to church more now. She also said the closing prayer for us and started to bawl. She said ´´thank you thank you for all of my blessings. thank you for putting the missionaries in my path today-´´ it was amazing and one of the most spiritual experiences I have had. Yesterday Hermano Esteban gave her a ride to church. She told us she feels a lot better after the blessing. We have plans to visit her later today. She is great!

Yep, yep, yep. It is amazing to me how the Lord puts people in our path who are ready to receive the gospel. Like the family Mendes with the computers and Belkis in the street. I love being a missionary. There definitely are hard times but the experiences like these are life changing. I know that God lives and is watching over us. I know He sent His Son Jesus Christ to help us and show us the way. I love them so much!

I hope you all have a great week! Look for the miracles that God is doing all around you! :)

Con amor,

Hermana Lindsey Woodfield

No comments:

Post a Comment