Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Monday, April 7, 2014

General Conference Week!



Oh. My. Goodness. I love General Conference sooooooooo very much. It was seriously Christmas for Hermana Eustaquio and me. All of this week we were waiting until the wonderful moment when we could hear our beloved prophet speak. :) So great! I loved every second of it! We went to the stake center in Rosario to watch it. Saturday I did it in Spanish but yesterday our mission president set it up in English in another room. It was so great to hear the actual voices of these wonderful leaders. I learned so much and just want to watch it again and again and again. :) AND huge blessing- a less active family that we recently started visiting went to both sessions on Sunday. WOOHOO.

I hope all of you were able to hear the talk by M. Russell Ballard about how EVERYONE should have and study Preach My Gospel. I second his testimony and invitation. It is an amazing and inspired book for ALL. I am definitely going to act with his invitation and start to talk more with the members here about it. And I want to hear about what my wonderful cute family is studying in it too. :)
I also really loved the talk by President Uchtdorf. Gratitude should be a way of life- something independent of what situation we are in. We can CHOOSE to be grateful in our circumstances. Wow. Such good stuff!!

The rest of my week was good as well. Our great 14 year old investigator Andrea went to the Saturday conference with her family. Unfortunately the other investigators were not able to go but we are going to work hard to bring the conference and the spirit to them. Our new investigator Velkis (whose baby recently passed away) is all better physically now! The power of a blessing of the priesthood. :) She is doing great and we are working hard to help prepare her to be baptized. The new investigator family is good too. The met more members this week and we are hoping their friendships and examples will help them to progress. The family Casafu are still waiting to finish a previous divorce and so we are learning how to have patience. :) Maria (84 years old and lives across from the church) accepted a wheelchair and so it should be quicker to get to church now. :) All of them are doing good. There is still a lot to be done but we are very blessed with these wonderful people and that they have desires to change and know more.


Well everyone, soak in the general conference! Live it! Love it!!! We are very blessed to have a living prophet and other leaders who receive revelation from our Heavenly Father. I know and testify that if we follow their counsel we will have true happiness. :)

Love you all!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Lindsey Woodfield

No comments:

Post a Comment