Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Feliz dia de la mujer! :)


Well, this week I found out that there is yet another holiday!!! Haha, this one is ``dia de la mujer`` or Women's day. :) hahahaha, why don't we celebrate this one more in the United States?? They don't do much here but we were greeted by many people with ``feliz dia!`` and our district leader gave us chocolate. Do you know that there is also a Kid`s day? It is in August. Growing up I always wished for a kid's day- dream come true. :)

Anyways, BIG NEWS. This week is transfers. Yep, change is upon us again. My dear compañera Hermana Gimenez has to return to La Paz, Entre Rios and finish high school. I am SO grateful for our time together. I learned a lot with her. I learned more about the gospel, about Spanish, about Argentina, and a lot more about myself. I was pretty nervous going into this transfer because I had a lot more responsibility but with a lot of help from my Savior Jesus Christ and guidance from the Holy Ghost a lot of great things happened.

I am truly learning that with the Lord anything is possible. Yes, yes, we have a lot of mistakes and weaknesses but He can and WILL make up the difference. AND this is what I am going to keep saying to myself this transfer because....I AM GOING TO TRAIN A NEW MISSIONARY. Deep breaths. Tomorrow morning I am going to travel to the mission home and receive my new companion fresh from the MTC. I have no idea if she is from the United States or Peru or Russia...nada. I am really excited and nervous. I know that the Lord always prepares a way for us to fulfill His commandments so I am going to trust in that and work super hard. :) ANDDDDDDDDD I am staying in Capitàn Bermùdez! WOO! I seriously love this area and know that it is going to break my heart to leave it...soooo, I am grateful that there is still time for me here. There is a lot of work still to be done and I am excited to be apart of it! :)

In other news, this week was good! Hermana Gimenez and I held a Family Home Evening activity in the church on Friday and a less active member came! :) Also, we had a miracle on Sunday. Wednesday our new ward mission leader went to visit a less active former Bishop. This great man and his family are wonderful amazing people and all the members love them but they haven't been to church in years. Well, our ward mission leader, Hermano Mauricio, visited him and told him directly that we need him. That there are more blessings for them in the church and that they should return. He told him that he was going to bring him to church on Sunday. WELL we were with Hermano Mauricio and a few other people in the church half an hour early on Sunday setting up chairs. Hermano Mauricio started to head out to go find the former bishop WHEN the front church doors opened and in he walked in his shirt and tie. :) Wow. We seriously were all amazed. It was a miracle. :)

Missionary work is full of miracles and I am so grateful to be apart of it. We have some amazing members, recent converts and investigators here. The work isn't easy but it is soooo rewarding. These experiences are changing my life and I am growing and changing in ways that could only happen here serving a mission in Rosario, Argentina. What a blessing. I testify the God lives. That there is a purpose to this life. That we have never been, are not, and will never be alone. We have a loving Savior Jesus Christ who knows us perfectly. I am so grateful for this.

I love you all! Have a great week! Stay tuned to find out about my new companion! :)

Con amor,

Hermana Lindsey Woodfield

No comments:

Post a Comment