Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Monday, February 3, 2014

A NEW COMPANION! A WEDDING! A BAPTISM! WHAT A WEEK!


Holy moly...what happened this week????? Hahaha, I feel spiritually and physically exhausted! One of the most intense weeks of my life just happened people. Hahaha, where do I even begin?! I have had some of the most scary what-in-the-world-am-I-doing moments and some of the most JOYOUS moments this week.

First of all, I have a new companion!!!! Her name is Hermana Gimenez from Entre Rios (I think that is how you spell it), Argentina. She is 17 years old and a mini missionary! And she is awesome! LOVE HER! It amazes me that she is 17 years old and serving the Lord as a full-time missionary for 6 weeks! What was I doing when I was 17 years old?? She also knows quite a bit of English. Such a blessing! We only talk in Spanish and it reallyyyyyyyy helps that a lot of the time she is able to understand my mistakes and help me know where to fix it. I have already learned a lot! I am excited and grateful for this opportunity to improve my Castellano.

This change in companions has also brought the scarier moments. I am now the one who knows everyone and who should know how to do things. The responsibility can be a little overwhelming at times but I know I am growing and learning and becoming more of the missionary that Heavenly Father wants me to be. I need to trust in the fact that He has a plan for me and has prepared a way for me to do this. I know that my Savior Jesus Christ is walking every single step with me and if I put my trust in Him, He WILL lead me through everything.

OKAY OKAY OKAY! CLAUDIO AND NELLY ARE NOW MARRIED AND BAPTIZED! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yep, you read it right!!!!!!! My dear Claudio and Nelly! Gosh, I just love them so much! Friday morning Hermana Gimenez and I went over to their house early and helped Nelly prepare for her wedding! We straightened her hair and braided it and did her make-up. And she was excited to wear her new dress and jewelry. :) Then we took a taxi to this official building place where they got married! Marriages are pretty different here. It was pretty short and simple but awesome! We went into a room where they sat down at a table with a man and two witnesses. The man said some words, they signed their names andddddddd boom! Married! Then we went outside and tossed rice at them as they walked out. :)

Later we went and visited them and helped Emeli (wife of their son Lucas) prepare to give her talk for their BAPTISM. Saturday, the very next day, they made a sacred covenant and entered into the waters of baptism. Words cannot describe my feelings. They just don't. I have visited and loved these two wonderful people for three months now and I was IMMENSELY blessed to be able to witness their baptism. And man! What a baptism service!!! The two neighboring branches also had baptisms and wanted to use our church building soooooo we had a combined service. FIVE people were baptized. There were a bunch of missionaries and members there giving love and support. I felt like I was going around like a crazy person beforehand helping out with the programs, baptism clothes, music....and then there was just peace as I watched them get baptized. Lots of tears and hugs were shared. :) It truly was a sacred experience that I will never forget.

Soooooooooo, yeah. Quite a week! Lots of changes, lots of growth, LOTS of Spanish....haha, and memories that I cherish. Oh my dear loved ones, I am grateful for my mission. I am grateful for this life! We are so blessed to have the opportunity to live on this earth and grow and experience so many things! I hope and pray that every day I am a little bit more like my Savior Jesus Christ. I bear testimony that He lives. That He suffered and died for every single one of us and He knows how to help us and guide us every single day. The greatest peace and joy truly come from Him. I invite every single one of you to strengthen your relationship with Him. Let Him help you! Life is SO much better when we use the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Love you all! Have a great week!

Con amor,

Hermana Lindsey Woodfield



Final moments with Hermana Van Wagenen...trying hard to keep in the tears! So grateful for my time with her :)



WEDDING OF CLAUDIO AND NELLY! OH MY GOODNESS THEY ARE MARRIED!





AND BAPTIZED THE DAY AFTER! CLAUDIO AND NELLY! OH MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT! I just love them :)



With my awesome new companion-Hermana Gimenez and a great member- Cielo

No comments:

Post a Comment