Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Monday, February 10, 2014

A break from the heat


Hello! I am happy to report that this week we have had a wonderful break from the heat! It has rained about everyday here. I am good with that! I would rather be trudging through the mud then slathering on sunblock every time we leave someone's house. The only thing with the rain is that it is harder for people to come to church. The past two Sundays it has rained and our attendance was low. We are going to work super hard this week to help the members and investigators to come to church and partake of the Sacrament RAIN or SHINE. No importa if it is raining. Every single one of us still needs the strength and protection we receive in the chapel! :)

I don't have a lot of time to write but this week was really good! I want to testify that Jesus Christ lives and that Heavenly Father knows and loves each of us. There is no way I could be doing this mission without the strength and help I receive from my Savior Jesus Christ. Just the fact that a lot of the time people here can understand me and I can understand them is a miracle! I am grateful for the opportunity I have to be with Hermana Gimenez. It is fun to learn some of the Argentinian traditions and customs from a native. Also, I now LOVE mate cocido. We are not allowed to drink mate here but we can drink mate cocido (haha, there is a difference). Hermana Gimenez made it for me the other day and it is wonderful. :)

Right now we are teaching a wonderful couple who are waiting for a previous divorce to come through and then get baptized! We also are still teaching Andrea. She is so great! We need to work more with her dad and get his permission to baptize her. We have also been teaching an 11 year old boy named Yair. He is great and wants to get baptized but we want to make sure that he is going to persevere and stay with the church first and isn't just going because it is nice right now. But he has a great testimony and likes our visits and it is going well!

I am very blessed! I love being a missionary and having this wonderful experience. Thanks for all of the love and support!

HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK! :)

Con amor,

Hermana Lindsey Woodfield



I learned to make empanadas today!!!!





The finished product! Que rico!

No comments:

Post a Comment