Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Welllllllllllllllllllllll, change is in the air . . . . . . . .


Hola everyone! I can't believe that another 6 weeks has come and gone and transfers are here again. I remember the last time I was superrrrr nervous that Hermana Van Wagenen was going to leave me and then STOKED when we found out she was to stay for another transfer. I am really grateful that I got to be with her for 3 months. I have learned sooooooooo much. Her example and love has impacted me in many ways. And now she is really is going to leave me. She leaves tomorrow to go train another blessed missionary. And our cute Hermana Hernandez leaves today for the mission home to receive her trainer tomorrow (maybe it will be Hermana Van Wagenen!).

As for me....I am staying in my beloved Capitàn Bermùdez!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!! I love it here. :) And I am getting a mini missionary for my companion. This is someone who will only serve for 6 weeks (one transfer) to see how it is. She is from Argentina. I am super stoked to have someone from this great country help me out with my Spanish and the culture. I am kinda nervous that she will be expecting someone who already knows Spanish and how to do everything. I still feel like I have so much to learn but I know that this is God's plan for me. I have faith that I am supposed to be with this wonderful Argentinian companion who has desires to serve the Lord. I really am excited to love her and show her the joys of missionary work. I just need to put my faith in the Lord and His power to help me with my weaknesses. Let the adventure continue!!!

Hahaha, I am grateful for this wonderful and crazy time in my life and every experience that it brings. Missions truly are an experience of a life time! Love it!

This week was really good! We definitely saw a huge miracle and blessing on Sunday. A few weeks ago we fasted as a companionship to do better with contacting and for our menos activas (less active members). These wonderful people seriously break my heart! There are so many AMAZING people who have testimonies but are not showing their faith through church attendance. They are allowing themselves to miss out on blessings and protection and it is really sad. There are a few families that we have been visiting in particular. They haven't come to church in years and KNOW that they should.

We received a wonderful answer to our fast on Sunday when we walked through the doors of the church and saw Hermano and Hermana C standing in the hallway. THEY CAME! And then our dear Hermana N arrived in time for Sacrament Meeting. We were blessed to see three less active members come to church!!! :D YAY! Our ward mission leader told us that this should feel as if there was a baptism. Definitely a great feeling to see these precious children of God at church renewing their baptism covenants! :)

Well, love you all! Thanks for all of the love and support. I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the peace and happiness it brings into our lives. Jesus Christ lives!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Woodfield


Claudio and Nelly!


Carballo Family!


Emeli, Lucas, and Kids :)



Home-made empanadas :) one of the best things ever made!


Hermana Raquel and her daughter Giselle. LOVE THEM SO MUCH. They feed us every Friday, give us rides in their car, her husband is an AMAZING ward mission leader, and Giselle knows english. :)


Lunch with a wonderful member family!


Handpainted gift from Hermana Neder!


Some of the sweetest and most amazing kids! Tean, Moraina, and Abby! kids of Lucas and Emeli


Companions!


Familia Montes!


At district meeting


My sweet new ride...hahahaha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment