Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Monday, November 25, 2013

Estoy agradecida


Hello!!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am definitely grateful for all of the wonderful people in my life. :) I am also super stoked and grateful to be here in Argentina!!!! There is honestly no where else I would rather be then here in Argentina preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ! This mission is such a short time period in my life and I need to give it everything I got.

We had stake conference this weekend and one of the sessions was about La Obra Misional (missionary work). The spirit was so strong and I understood a lot of the Castellano! :) WOO! It just really hit me how important the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is. It is has brought me SO MUCH happiness and peace in my life. EVERYONE needs the gospel! Everyone needs to know that they have a purpose here and that God LIVES and loves them. My time period as a full time missionary with a name tag and everything is short and rapidly flying by...ahhhhh, time to work harder! hahaha, I am so grateful to be a missionary. :)

Elder Bednar made a comment in this past general conference that I am personally feeling as well. He said something like "the devotion of these people make me more devoted". Yep. True that! The faith of a lot of these people here...inspiring! There is a sweet 10yr girl named Nicole that is a neighbor to a recent convert family (la familia Mauricio). Almost every time we are over visiting the Mauricios she comes over and listens and reads from the Book of Mormon too. Hermana Van Wagenen and I felt like she should have her own copy to read from so we gave her one the other day. A few days later we were talking with the recent convert mom and she told us that Nicole has some problems at home. Her parents don't want the Book of Mormon in their house. Nicole knows she will get in trouble if she reads it over there SO she keeps the Book of Mormon at the Mauricios and reads from it with their daughter. Their daughter showed us Nicole's Book of Mormon and it already had a bookmark in it and some scriptures have been highlighted. Wow! What great faith!

Things are going well here! We have some great investigators who have stronger testimonies every time we see them! :) We also have a great and loving ward! (Who feed us some delicious food! Goodness- try asado! They know how to barbeque!) AND my Spanish is getting better slowly but surely! :)

Love you all! Happy Thanksgiving! Have a great week!

Con amor,

Hermana Lindsey Woodfield



Cute Argentine girls! Mis amigas!



My Colombian family who live next door!

No comments:

Post a Comment