Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 3 in Argentina!!

Slowly but surely the transformation from an American english speaker to an Argentinian Castellano speaker is happening. :) But it is a little difficult when you stick out like a sore thumb. Hermana Van Wagenen and I just laugh at ourselves because the situation is pretty hilarious. Here we are- two young american girls, one with super blond hair and the other with super red hair, both with blue eyes, wearing skirts/dresses everyday with nametags, trying to speak spanish and preach the gospel. :) Yep, we blend right in. Hahahaha, our differences have given us some good opportunities though. Quite a few people ask us where we are from and sometimes try to speak english with us. And then other times we just get a lot of looks. No matter what, it has been good that people see that we are a little different and want to know what we are up to. Sharing the wonderful message of the restored gospel! :)

This week we found SEVEN new investigators!!! Woohoo! The parents (Claudio and Neli) of an awesome young family (that got baptized a few weeks before I got here) want to know more about this good change they have seen in their kids. We have taught them twice now and it has been awesome!! They do not have a date for baptism yet but do want to get baptized! A moment that I loved was when we were teaching about the Plan of Salvation and I could see it all click for the mom. She liked how God's plan for us is all laid out and we know why we are here and where we are going! :) We also started teaching a family. :) We talked to them about the Restoration of the gospel. The dad said he didn't understand everything (from our Spanish or the doctrine-haha, not sure) but that we could come back. :) AND we had a lesson with a 17 year old and her sister (Jennifer and Gabriella). This dear 17yr old has 2 kids! I have quickly realized and seen that it is very common here for people to have kids super young. The mom of the family that was baptized right before I got here is 19yrs old with 3 kids. Wow! These teenagers have to grow up fast.

Wonderful moment yesterday- our 13yr old investigator who DOES have a baptism date for 7th of December came to church!!!!! It was awesome!! Yesterday was Hermana Van Wagenen's birthday- great present for us! :) Also a wonderful 18yr old named Cielo had a little fiesta for Hermana Van Wagenen's birthday yesterday. She made an awesome torta (like cake) and we all sang happy birthday in Spanish. :)

Also, the Lord stretched me yesterday! I gave a talk in church, played the piano for the hymns, and we taught the sunday school class. woah! I have to admit, my heart was racing some but the Lord provided and it was all great! I think I will be playing the piano every Sunday now- thanks mom and dad for all the years of piano lessons! :)

I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here! These wonderful people are changing my life. My testimony grows each day of the love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for EACH and EVERY person. Sure there are challenges, but I am growing and learning. The good moments when my heart feels like it is going to burst with love for these people DEFINITELY make up for any hard times. :) I know Jesus Christ is the Savior of mankind! His Atonement is real!

Have an awesome week!

Con amor,

Hermana Lindsey Woodfield

No comments:

Post a Comment