Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Where in the world is Hermana Woodfield? Argentina!!!!!!

Hola everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE- I am in Argentina!!!! At this very moment. In Argentina. Have been here for a whole week now!!!!!!!!

Words cannot express my IMMENSE love for this wonderful country. Seriously, I love it here!!! I don't have a lot of time (and I am trying to figure out how to use a Spanish keyboard...haha) so I will tell as much as I can!

Quite a few things are different here. It has been an awesome adventure and experience already! There are dogs EVERYWHERE. everywhere. They use pesos for money. They use military time. We walk or take buses everywhere. Some of my new favorite foods are empanadas, tortas fritas, and alfajores. :) Oh...and another thing...ESPAÑOL! Let me just say that I am sooo grateful for the gift of tongues! I already understand more than my first few days here. They all talk so fast! But it is a beautiful language. And they call it Castellano. Their accent is something I am trying hard to pick up.

¿Que mas? (woohoo! i found the upside down question mark on the keyboard!!) My companion is Hermana Van Wagenen. She is also from the States. She waited for her visa in Boston for about 3 months and has been here in Argentina for about 3 months. I love her a lot already! She is a very hard worker and loves the people! I am blessed to be with her. We have actually been in a trio for this week. Hermana Maza (FROM PERU) has been with us because the actual transfers are tomorrow. I got here a week early. :) I love her too! She only speaks Spanish so it has been really fun communicating with her. I play a lot of charades. :) The area we are serving in is Capitán Bermudez. Wonderful place. We live in a pension by some members who are from Columbia. On Sunday I had Columbian food! Two of their daughters have been learning English from Hermana Van Wagenen and say ¨hello¨ ¨what’s up dude¨ ¨cute¨ and some other things all the time. It is awesome!

I love the kids here! So many of them are helping me out with my Spanish and love to teach me new words. They also love to laugh when I pronounce it all wrong. :) haha, I gave some of them stickers and they were so excited! Also, the people have a hard time pronouncing my name. I have gotten a lot of strange looks when I introduce my name. Haha, we explained to two boys what ¨woodfield¨ translates to in Spanish and they like to call me that now. :)

Weeeeeeeell, Argentina is great!! I am working hard with the language. I KNOW Heavenly Father is helping me out a lot!!

Love you all! I am so grateful for this opportunity to spread the gospel! The gospel has given me SO MUCH happiness and joy in my life and it is an honor to be able to share it as a missionary! :) Jesucristo lives!

Have a great week!

Con amor,

Hermana Lindsey Woodfield



Maps showing the location of Lindsey's assigned area:


No comments:

Post a Comment