Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Hola familia y amigos


Is it September?!?!?!?! Weird! The cold weather here is quickly going away and the intense Argentine heat is settling in fast...I remember how fun it was the last time...bring on round 2!!! Haha, but seriously...the sunblock is going to need to be coming out fast. :)

This week was really good! I don't have a whole lot of time to write but I do want to share a cool experience. On Wednesdaywe were in our apartment studying when Hermano Davalo (the great member I wrote about last week) called us and quickly asked about where we were and what we were doing. He asked if he could give us a reference and continued to tell us about a man in the hospital near by and his family. He ended up just telling us to meet us there and he would go with us. So we quickly departed. At the hospital Hermano Davalo told us that one of these worried family members went to our church earlier looking for some kind of help. There just happened to be a member in the church who quickly called Hermano Davalo who called us. He told us that this man in the hospital, Fransisco, has been in the hospital for 2 months and him and his family are really depressed and worried.

We walked in the room to see about 8 worried faces look at us. We introduced ourselves. One of the daughters showed us the badly injured leg of her father that happened from a car accident. We explained that the Elders would come by later to give a blessing but we wanted to help out in any way we could right then. Another daughter grabbed my hand as she said something about saying a prayer. Everyone grabbed hands and looked at me expectingly. I thought in my head, ´´Well, I am not able to give a priesthood blessing...but I will invoke help from heaven with a prayer to a loving Heavenly Father for these suffering children.´´ I tried hard to let the Holy Spirit quide the prayer as I asked for help and comfort for this family. It honestly was a sacred experience and I am so grateful for the love and help that God shows to ALL of his children. We are staying in touch with them to see what more we can do.

Love you all! I know that God lives! I know that the only way to return to live with Him is through Jesus Christ and His gospel.

Have a great week!!

Hermana Woodfield

No comments:

Post a Comment