Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Monday, December 15, 2014

Feliz Navidad!!


Something that has become very apparent to me during my mission is that the Lord is in the details. It just amazes me how we are always in the right place at the right time. How God cares about every small little thing, however insignificant it is. He laughs with us and cries with us...what a truly loving Father He is. This truth humbles me and makes me so grateful for the PERFECT plan that He has prepared for each of us. Every single detail- every single experience that happens has a purpose. If we always look for the good in it and trust in God´s wisdom and power we will find peace with whatever it is that happens. Just some thoughts from my head lately. :)

Well folks, it is mid December and the heat is steadily increasing. It still makes me laugh to pass stores and see little Christmas trees propped up right next to pool toys and floaties. Those things should never go together, haha. But I love being here and being able to be a full time missionary at such a wonderful time of year. Like I mentioned last week, the church is doing a new program called ´´He is the Gift´´. I absolutely love it! The true meaning and celebration of Christmas has become a lot clearer to me. Our Savior Jesus Chris is the BEST gift we will EVER receive. We should show our gratitude for such a priceless and eternity-changing present. As we have talked about Christmas with a lot of people in the street it strikes me as very sad how MANY say that they are not excited for Christmas. WHY NOT?? Many reply that it is too stressful, time consuming, a waste of money, or an even sadder time to remember lost loved ones. I feel the need to shout out rejoicing that the TRUE reason for Christmas is CHRIST. It isn't about all of the worldly things or about missing people, it is about JOY and GRATITUDE that through CHRIST we can be with each other for forever!!! Let us all be more joyful as we feel the love of our Heavenly Father in letting His perfect son, Jesus Christ, be born in a fallen world to save each and every one of us. What a beautiful message there is to Christmas. :)

I have written quite a bit about my feelings...the experiences this week were awesome too! We are finding new investigators and still helping the Britos family and Romero family to progress. They are doing wonderfully and it is awesome to see the new light that is in their lives from the gospel of Jesus Christ. :)

I wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! Feliz Navidad!!!!! :) Remember to give Christ a Christmas present. :)

Con amor,

Hermana Woodfield

No comments:

Post a Comment