Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Best Week Eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!!

Sooooo, basically, this was an amazing, fantastic and incredible week. WHY?? Our wonderful cute Britos family took major steps!!!! On Thursday they got MARRIED and on Saturday Jose BAPTIZED his new wife, Melina!!!!!

Words cannot adequately describe the pure joy and gratitude I feel. They were EXTREMELY prepared when we met them. I am just so grateful that I was privileged to part of the process of helping them. There were a lot of plans we had to make about the marriage and baptism and celebration afterwards but in the end everything worked out perfectly. :) It truly was an amazing and spiritual experience for Melina and Jose and we could see the joy glowing from them.

These are just some of the most amazing experiences a person can have. Hermana Randall and I were really worn out at the end of the week but soooooo unbelievably happy. I just really feel like I had been waiting to know and help this family. After so much time and work in my dear Santa Fe City, I feel deeply grateful to my loving Father in Heaven to have had such an experience. Like I said before, it is hard to write words to describe it all. I know this email is pretty emotional but I can't help but share the week we had. :)

On a slightly different note, we had to become expert cockroach killers. We showed up the day before the baptism and there was a COCKROACH in the baptismal font. Now that will just not do. So we killed it and cleaned it up. A few minutes passed and there was another one! Killed it and cleaned it up. A few minutes later...ANOTHER ONE. That process went on for quite awhile. Finally we found Raid and got a little crazy spraying it everywhere. :) Eventually we were free of them but I definitely flinched a little bit when Melina opened the door to see the pool before the service. But THANKFULLY it was roach free. The tiny blessings, you know? :)

Also, just want to point out that JOSE was who baptized Melina. He was able to receive the priesthood necessary and do the ordinance. It was wonderful. :)

Okay, well...it was a really good week. I know that God lives and that He loves us. If we trust in Him and work hard He will always guide us! I KNOW that to be true!

Love you all!!!

Hermana Lindsey Woodfield

No comments:

Post a Comment