Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Monday, October 13, 2014

What a week!


What a week! On Wednesday I said goodbye to Hermana Fry and went to Rosario. We had an awesome meeting with our mission president (such an inspired and good man!) and then met our new companions. My new companion is Hermana Randall from a city close to Las Vegas, Nevada. She is an awesome missionary and can already speak the language really reallyyy well. It is amazing for me to see how strongly the gift of tongues is working in all of us foreigners. I am very excited to be able to work with her! :)

We have had a great week but something sad and intense happened too. A dear family in our ward has been struggling and fighting to help out their sick dad. The dad isn't a member and the wife and grown-up children have been less active for a long time ago. About 2 months ago they started going to church every week and being very involved. I saw their testimonies grow a lot as they grew closer to the Lord. The dad was in the hospital for a long time and we would go visit him. This past Thursday his health worsened and early Saturday morning we recieved a message that he had passed away. We called and found out that the funeral would be in the family`s home that day. We felt the need to go and support them. It was one of the saddest experiences I have ever had. The whole extended (mostly non-member) family was there and they were all in mourning. When the man came to close the casket there was a lot of screaming going on and tears were flooding down everyone's faces. The room was thick with pure sorrow. My heart seriously broke for these people. I am very grateful that we were able to be there to support and love them in this hard time.

The whole thing strengthened my testimony even more about the plan of salvation. I know that these people will be able to see their lost one again. I know that God has a perfect plan for all of us. I know that death has a painful sting for the ones left behind...but that they joy and hope of the power of the atonement of Christ is so much more powerful!!! He was resurected after the third day! We will be able to do so as well!!! I am so grateful for that comforting knowledge.

On a different note, I received something on my food plate this week that I have never received before. A fish head. Yep. That was a first. It´s mouth and eyes were looking up at me...it was quite the experience. I am just grateful that we receive food. :) We will see what this week brings... :)

I love you all! Have a great week of October! The weather here is quickly turing hotter as we prepare for the summer.

I know that God is preparing all of His children to recieve the wonderful news of the restored gospel. I am so grateful that He send His perfect son to provide the way for us- how to live in this life and how to return to be with God in the next. :)

Con amor,

Hermana Woodfield




Welcome Hermana Randall!

No comments:

Post a Comment