Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Monday, October 20, 2014

Fish heads and cow intestines


I am very VERY happy and grateful to say that the family of Jose (the man who passed away last week) went to church yesterday. They have only recently started being active about 3 months ago and we were slightly worried that the death of their dad/husband would be a hard blow and tempt them to stop going to church again. We visited them during the week and gave them brownies (well....the best form of brownies possible) and were very happy to see how Heavenly Father has given them comfort and peace with this trial. The spouse informed us that it was hard but she was at peace and would keep going to church. We were worried more about her son who had seemed angrier with what had happened but he showed up on Sunday as well. I am so grateful that they love God and trust in Him and His will. I know that His will and timing truly are the best and if we willingly let Him take control we will find true peace and joy.

This week we had a great lesson with Bernardo, who is a less active who is returning to church and his wife Laura who is investigating. We talked about faith and how it is like a seed that, with work and diligence, can grow into a sturdy tree. (Alma chapter 32) We asked them if they have felt their seeds of faith growing. Laura shared that she has felt more peace with our visits. Bernardo shared that in the four years that he has been less active they have had more problems but when we started visiting he felt more desires to change and reach the goal of an eternal family. I know that this is the spirit testifying and helping them to feel the truthfulness and importance of the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love their family so much and we are working hard to help them progress. I know that God wants them to progress even more then we do and He will help us find the way to help them. :)

Last week I shared about my fish head food experience. This week brought with it another new dish....cow intestine. I honestly was scared but my brave companion grabbed a piece, cut it in half, and boldly put the other half on my plate. I couldn`t just let my very new companion show me up on trying the local food... haha, it actually turned out pretty well. :) If anyone one wants to try it, I recommend it heated up with lemon juice squeezed on top. :)

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior! I know that He loves and knows each one of us personally. :)

Have a great week!

Con amor,

Hermana Woodfield

No comments:

Post a Comment