Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Monday, August 4, 2014

Knocking a lot of doors . . . . .


Well my dear family and friends, the Lord's work is progressing!!! It is amazing for me to be able to be part of such a marvelous work and a wonder! The life of a full time missionary isn't easy but it is so fulfilling. I may not be able to see a sea parted or live through a night in a lion's den but the things I am experiencing and the opportunities that God is giving me is building and shaping and molding me into something better.

My testimony has grown immensely and I am grateful for all of the hard and good times that helps it to do so. It is a privilege to be part of the Lord's team and do what I can to help more of my brothers and sisters know that God EXISTS. And not even far away- HE IS HERE. He is with every single day and in every single thing that happens. I know that He loves us. I know that everything He does is to help us gain eternal life- to be able to live with Him and our families for forever. I love Him!

Sooooo, Hermana Fry and I are working hard. This week we were able to find more people! We taught more lessons in this past week then in any other week of my time here in Santa Fe. I am so grateful! We have had to work hard and knock a lot of doors but the Lord blesses us through the perseverance.

A really cool experience we had is that we found a less active member! We prayed about where we should go and the fourth door we knocked a woman answered with a shocked expression. She told us that when she was young she went to church but had stopped a long time ago. We were able to have a good lesson with her a few days later and she said that she feels like she needs to go back to church. We will keep working with her! :)

Okay, I want to take a moment here and stress the importance of family history work. This past week I had quite a few experiences when I felt like the Lord was telling me to do more to help out all of my ancestors who are waiting for US to help them. I know that the missionary work here on the earth is just as important as the missionary work for those who have already passed away. They need us and we need them. We need to find them through family search and do the saving ordinances for them in the temples.

I KNOW that the Lord is hurrying his work in all aspects. One of them is the family history work. I want to ask a favor specifically for the members of my own family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.)- please send me some stories of my grandparents and great grandparents and some pictures of them. I would love to find out more about them.

I know life is crazy and busy but please find a few minutes to send me a favorite or important story about them that you love. :) I would really appreciate it. I extend the invitation to do family history work to all who read this! Use the church website ´´family search´´ and find out more about and help out your own family. :) Here is a great video. Please watch it. :)

https://www.lds.org/church/news/help-break-familysearch-indexing-record-july-20-21?cid=HPTH071714335&lang=eng

Okay, love you all! I am so grateful for all of the love and support I feel! Thank you! Have a great week!

Con amor,

Hermana Lindsey Woodfield

No comments:

Post a Comment