Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Week SEVEN in the MTC! :)


Loveeeeee Argentina!


My awesome teacher! Hermana Christensen!


We are going to Argentina!!!!!









Hello wonderful family and friends!!!!!!!!! This is Hermana Woodfield reporting from her 7th week in the MTC. Reporting that everything is WONDERFUL and I have a deep love for the MTC. :)

I definitely did not think I would be here this long but I am so grateful for this opportunity. I know Heavenly Father has a plan for me and that included more time here. My testimony of how the Lord's timing really is the absolute BEST thing for us has really grown this week. Only one member of my district received a reassignment last week. Hermana Carlson left early Tuesday morning (at 2:30am!) for Sacramento, California. It was sad to have her part but we are all very happy and excited for her too! I KNOW that the rest of my district and I have stayed here for a reason. I know there are many reasons! Two of them included being here for an AMAZING Tuesday night Devotional with ELDER RICHARD G. SCOTT and going through the Temple this morning! YES!

Sooooo, the wonderful devotional- so amazing! Elder Richard G. Scott a member of the QUORUM OF THE TWELVE APOSTLES was the speaker at the Devotional on Tuesday! It was a worldwide devotional! I think some of the MTCs around the world were able to see it live and others watched it soon after. My district and I had the awesome opportunity to be in the choir! It was so great! His main topic was on prayer.

Now get this- (time for some background info) Sunday night most of my district went to go see what we thought would be a movie about President Monson. We got there and for some reason they announced we would be watching a talk by President Monson and President Uchtdorf instead. After President Monson's talk they announced that they didn't have Uchtdorf's talk so they played a talk by Elder Richard G. Scott instead. HIS TALK WAS ABOUT PRAYER. Then in class on Tuesday our focus was on PRAYER and our teacher even played a clip from Elder Scott's talk. THEN that night Elder Scott came in PERSON and talked about PRAYER. Man, oh man! Hahahaha, okay Heavenly Father, I'm getting the message. :) Coincidence? I think not! Haha, I hope all of that made sense. :)

Anyways, his talk on Tuesday was so amazing! What a cute and wonderful man he is! TWICE during his talk he gave an apostolic blessing of the Gift of Tongues on all those learning a language! A blessing from an Apostle of the Lord!!! He talked about how God is not an absent Father. He loves us each immensely. He said that the Lord has called us to succeed gloriously, not fail. I know that that is true for missionaries with our calls as well as in LIFE. The Lord has sent us here to SUCCEED GLORIOUSLY. He will not abandon us. He will help us! Something else that was amazing and really touched my heart- during his talk Elder Scott paused and wiped his eyes and said something like, "I've been emotional tonight and I think I might tell you why. For some time now my wife has been beyond the veil and I've had the strongest feeling that she has been permitted to be here tonight." Wow! That wonderful man loves his wife so much and misses her. How wonderful that he would share that with us and that he felt that! After the devotional on his way out he stopped about 3 or 4 times and waved at us all. At one point he cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted "BE GOOD!" and then another time he shouted "I feel so much love!" We all waved and shouted out that we loved him! Basically, the Tuesday night devotional was an amazing experience and I am so blessed that I was able to still be here!


hahahahahahaha : )









SO, the Provo Temple reopened this week! Since we are still here, we got to go this morning! It was amazing! I loved it all! I felt SO MUCH peace! I love temples! I love the Lord! The gospel is true!

Let's see- you asked what a regular day for me is like. The most common outline of a day includes: breakfast at 7am, 3 hours of class in the morning, 1 hour of personal study, lunch, 3 hours of class, 1 hour of companion study, dinner, about 1 hour of gym, 1 hour of TALL time (computer program that helps with teaching the gospel in Spanish), 1 hour of language study, and daily planning. Within class time we usually teach an investigator and learn more Spanish grammar. That's the simple outline. And a lot of days have different things going on too: Tuesdays have devotionals and district reviews (we talk about the devotional), Wednesday new missionaries arrive at the MTC (always exciting), Thursdays are Pdays, Fridays are pizza night (you know I gotta love that!) and then Sundays have a bunch of awesome meetings, devotionals, talks, Sacrament Meetings and things. The MTC is great! What a place!

Well, I love you all! The gospel is true! Let me leave you with these inspiring words of advice Sister Doman (Branch Presidency 1st Counselor's wife) always says:

1. Work harder then everybody else. We know how to work. Nobody outworks us.
2. Love like you have never loved before. Everybody just wants to be loved!
3. LAUGH a lot! Have fun!

I know The Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I know it with all of my heart. I know Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of ALL mankind. I know God lives and loves us. I know that we are NEVER alone. The Savior Jesus Christ is always there for us. I know Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today. I am so grateful for this gospel and for my mission. I'm so grateful for this life! The Lord lives!

Love, Hermana Lindsey Woodfield
p.s. No news on my reassignment yet! When I know I will email you! :)

LOVE YOU!


Four Hermanas


Goodbye to Hermana Eyring!


No comments:

Post a Comment