Sister Woodfield

Sister Woodfield

Thursday, July 25, 2013

MTC Week Three!!!!!

Okay....I have officially been in the MTC for THREE WHOLE WEEKS NOW!!!!!!!!! I am over halfway done with my stay here! How absolutely crazy is that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WOAH. Time seriously flies here! It is kinda weird- the days can sometimes feel super long but the weeks feel like days...haha, if that makes sense. It is going fast! It can't believe I am already almost a whole month into my mission! Only 17 more months to go! WOAH. SO fast!

So what has happened this week? First of all- TRC. An absolutely amazing thing. Once a week we do this thing called TRC. It is where we meet with volunteer LDS members and talk with them and teach them a lesson. I was pretty nervous going into it last week. This was something we hadn't really done before- work with someone who is ALREADY a member of the church. But members definitely need love and encouragement too! Anyways, Hermana Rasband and I prepared what we could and prayed and went in with the spirit.

The first 20 minutes we were with two women- one was from Venezuela and the other had served a Spanish speaking mission. GOODNESS, the Sister from Venezuela spoke fast! Haha, that makes me kind of nervous for future interactions with native speakers. But it was all so good! We talked with them and shared scriptures and it was great! AND THEN, we spent 20 minutes with a member of the church who had served his mission in Chile. Our time with him was absolutely incredible. After some surface questions about his family and school and stuff my companion got right to it and asked him about what challenges he was currently facing. Haha, my companion said later that after she had asked that she got a little nervous because we have only been teaching lessons to "pretend" investigators (our teachers) and that this man had real trials. But it was so great! He opened up to us about something he has been facing and we were able to share stories and scriptures and testimonies with him. The spirit was SO strong! We both walked out of there so amazed and grateful. Our teacher said that she overheard him asking someone later if he could come back every week because this was exactly what he needed!!!!! AND when checking my emails today I discovered that I had one from him! This is what he said:

"Hey Sister Woodfield, I just want to start by apologizing if this is completely weird and letting you know I'm not a creep, promise. I'm the guy you and your companion taught in the TRC today. I just wanted to let you know that your words and the words of your companion really helped me this morning to feel and receive some answers I've been searching for for a long time. You guys are already working miracles and your just a few weeks out. I really appreciate what you are both doing and the amazing spirit you both have. That same spirit helped me come to some really important conclusions today and I thought I would hit you up with a quick email and let you both know I'm super grateful for your testimonies and both of you. Keep up the good work and I hope to hear more of your successes."

Isn't that amazing!?!?! I feel so blessed to be a missionary! It is incredible to be set apart as a missionary and be an instrument in the Lord's hands for helping out as many of His precious children that I can- Be they investigators, members, my district, my companion- ANYONE. ;) So TRC was definitely an amazing experience that I will always be so grateful for. When I did it I just felt this overwhelming love for those people. I KNOW God knows them personally and loves them so much.

Another wonderful thing I have been able to do is be in the MTC choir! SO FUN! The choir is HUGE! I think at least half of all the missionaries here (and that is A LOT) show up for it! The director is hilarious and I always feel so uplifted and inspired. It truly is an amazing experience to sing with hundreds and hundreds of other missionaries being unified under the same purpose. Two Tuesdays ago our devotional was being broadcasted to all 14 MTCs around the world- and at one point I was one the big screen! Haha, it was pretty cool! The MTC choir is an amazing experience and quite relaxing after some long days.

So the 4 Hermanas in my district including me are the only Hermanas left in my whole zone now. The last 4 Hermanas left earlier this week. We got pretty close with them and it was sad to have them go but I am also so excited for them! They went to Birmingham Alabama- Spanish speaking. Cool! Also, four of the elders in our district are gone now as well. They finally got their visas to Columbia and are now in the Columbia MTC.

Oh man, running out of time! Let's see- I love the MTC. I love being a missionary! The Spanish has been more confusing and frustrating the last few days but it is all good! Learning Spanish isn't going to come without some work! And I am amazed at how far I have already come! My wonderful companion took six years of French before coming here so she is able to pick up on a lot of grammar stuff- definitely a big help. :) The gift of tongues is amazing and real. I know this with all of my heart. The Lord is with me! I know the Lord is with my wonderful family and friends as well! Thanks for all of the love and support! I LOVE getting all of the letters, dearelders, and packages that I have. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Also, Dad- Five words I want to describe me as a missionary- obedient, diligent, loving, bold (with quiet dignity- not an overbearing bold), and Christlike. I have A LOT of work to do and I am never going to be perfect, but I will definitely work my best at being those things!

LOVE, Hermana Lindsey Woodfield

No comments:

Post a Comment